Susanna is also currently working on a fundraiser to provide scholarships for young mothers and underprivileged girls to attend secondary schools in Ifakara, Tanzania. For information about how you can participate, as an artist or as an art collector, visit here. (Five of my own small watercolor originals will be auctioned too.) Hurry…the fundraiser is scheduled for August 10th.
Here’s the ‘fine print’ for receiving a Sunshine Award:
– Thank the person who gave you this award. (You are an amazing inspiration, Susanna!)
– Write a post about it. (Yes, you are reading this now…)
– Pass it on to 10 bloggers who you think really deserve it and send them a message to let them know. Yes, I know these are the rules, but as with the Stylish Blogger Award, which I received a while back, there is so much work involved, that I am instead directing all of you lovely readers to my Links of Interest list on the lower right hand side of my blog. Any and all of these bloggers and web-siters certainly deserve The Sunshine Award 2011 too!
– And finally, answer these questions:
1. Your favorite color? Blue Violet and Teal Green, tied. Sorry, can’t split them up.
2. Your favorite animal? Cats, of course.
3. Your favorite number? Silly question. But I am a ‘5’ in numerology and Angeles Arrien’s Tarot system.
4. Your favorite non-alcoholic drink? Twig tea. Yep, I’m addicted.
5. Have you joined facebook or twitter? Facebook.
6. What’s your passion? Color!!! I also love to read, and am obsessively curious about “what makes people tick?” All good illustrator traits, so I’m told.
7. What’s your favorite: getting or giving presents? Giving, definitely. I love to find the perfect gift, wrap and bow it, and watch the happy (usually) expression on someone’s face when they get that ‘something wonderful.’ Getting presents can be very awkward indeed!
8. Your favorite pattern? Tiny dots. But when I was an avid sewer, I adored *Vogue* Designer Patterns. Not the same thing, I know…
9. Your favorite day of the week? Friday night…it’s “Free Parking” time.
10. Your favorite flower? Really…how can one choose? Roses that smell, especially the tiny Cecil Brueners, Freesias, Lavender, Lilac, Japanese Eggplant and Pumpkin blossoms…
That’s it. Between the Stylish Blogger Award post and this one, you now know all the important stuff about me! Scary.
Don’t forget to vote for your favorite re-imagined book cover at the Undercover Cover Art site…maybe “The Girl with Silver Hands?” Thanks so much for your vote!